Winners of the Solvang Chamber of Commerce’s annual awards will be announced at the group’s Community Awards Banquet at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, March 29, at Root 246 restaurant with local businessmen Aaron Petersen and Kim Jensen as emcees.
The nominees, by category, are:
- Large Business of the Year: Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital, Alisal Guest Ranch, Buellflat Rock Co.
- Small Business of the Year: Valley Hardware, C&D LLP, Chicago Title
- Winery of the Year: Sunstone Winery, Lucas & Lewellen Winery, Kalyra Winery
- Restaurant of the Year: Succulent Café, Cecco Ristorante, Paula’s Pancake House
- Retailer of the Year: Copenhagen House, Z Folio Gallery, Home Connection, Parts Unknown
- Non-Profit Organization of the Year: People Helping People, Vikings of Solvang, Solvang Senior Center
- Most Philanthropic Foundation of the Year: Hancock College Foundation, Valley Foundation, Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital Foundation
Other awards that will be announced at the dinner include Solvang Ambassador, Women’s Business Advocate, Tourism Social Media Promoter, and Volunteer Supporter of the year for 2017.
In addition, the chamber will bestow the Solvang Chamber of Commerce Award and the Linda Johansen Spirit of Community Volunteer of the Year. Johansen will be on hand to present the Large Business and the Spirit of the Community awards.
The evening will begin with cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and a silent auction, followed by a plated surf and turf dinner, dessert and a live auction. Raffle tickets will be available.
Entertainment will be provided by Scott Topper Productions, the Solvang Conservancy led by Diane Byington, and the Santa Ynez Valley Jazz Band led by Kay Dominguez.
Tickets are $75 per person. They can purchased by calling the chamber office at 805-688-0701.